- Training modules available
- System requirements
- Login page
- Navigating through the module
- Stopping and starting
- Password resets
- Content reviews
- Pass mark
- Content downloads
- Completion verification
- Access problems
- Completion – Successful
- Certificate downloads
- Access time limits
1. Training modules available
We have seven core competency modules that provide a generic overview of the key compliance obligations. Those modules are:
- National Consumer Credit Protection Act
- Privacy Act
- Anti-money Laundering & Counter Terrorism Financing Act
- Debt Collection
- Consumer Protection legislation
- Market Practices legislation
- Introducer module – covering NCCP, Privacy and Consumer Protection from the introducer’s perspective
For details of our responsible manager webinar series, please go to our training modules page.
2. System requirements
To access our modules you will need:
- a desktop computer or notebook with Windows 2000, XP, Vista or
- Windows 7 PC with sufficient ram and processor to be reasonably responsive or
- a Mac running OS X or above
- Internet Explorer (IE7 or above) or compatible browser
- email address to receive notifications from us
- a printer to print your Certificate of Completion
3. Login page
To access the modules, please go to: http://cesa.proficiencynow.com.au/
You can choose your own login name and password.
We suggest though you use your own email address as your Login and Password as it is easy to remember. Login email addresses are limited to 30 characters.
If your email address is longer than 30 characters then we suggest you use the name part only e.g. joe.blogs
Your login is case sensitive so please remember how you enter it.
Once logged in you will be taken to the Dashboard. You need to select to your modules first and do so by using either a company licence key or paying for individual modules by credit card.
Once enrolled, you will be taken to the My Learning section which will show all the modules in which you are enrolled. Next time you enter to the system to continue a module, go straight to the My Learning section.
6. Stopping and Starting
You can come and go from the module as often as you want. You do not have to complete the content and assessment at the one time.
7. Password resets
If you have forgotten your password, a new one can be obtained via the login page http://cesa.proficiencynow.com.au
8. Content reviews
Once you have completed a module, you can view the content lesson by lesson. You can access this by going to the My Results section, click ‘View Info’ on the desired module – this will bring up a window listing all of the lessons. On the right hand side there is a preview icon for each lesson. Previewing a lesson allows you to see the content only, you will not have access to the completed assessments and the content cannot be printed.
9. Pass mark
Each module contains a number of lessons, each of which have a certain passmark. Passmarks are either 80% or 90% depending on the module.
Anyone who does not obtain the pass mark the first time is given 2 further opportunities to complete the assessment. If you fail any lesson 3 times you will be locked out of that module and the system administrator will be contacted to unlock if.
10. Content download
As this is an online course, you are not able to download the module.
You can, however, review the material as often as you want to assist you pass the assessment.
11. Completion verification
Businesses that pay for staff &/or others to complete modules will receive regular completion reports for their training records. Anyone else seeking completion confirmation will need to obtain a Completion Certificate from the person concerned.
12. Access problems
If cannot access your incomplete training, check
- you have entered the right Login and Password. Please remember your login is case sensitive and/or
- when you enrolled as your access is only valid for 90 days from enrolment.
If you are still unable to access your training, please then email us via the “contact us” page so we can investigate the problem.
13. Completion – Successful
To successfully complete a module you must:
- read all the content in each lesson
- complete the assessment questions at the end of some lessons (not all lessons have assessments)
- obtain an 80% or 90% pass mark on the total assessment, depending on the module
When you have passed the module, you can download your Completion Certificate from the “My Results” page on the Dashboard.
14. Certificate downloads
We recommend you download your Completion Certificate for your records and to provide to any lender who requests it. To download your Completion Certificate:
- Login to the Dashboard
- Click “My Results”
- Download your Certificate(s)
15. Access time limits
You have 90 days to complete your module(s) from the date you self-enrol or are enrolled by us.
Once the 90 days has expired, you will no longer be able to access the module content, regardless of whether you have completed or not.
If you have not completed in the required time and still wish to complete the module, you may be required to re-enrol, pay the required fee and start again.
If, you think you may not be able to complete in time, please contact Kate Keating at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0405 604 359 to discuss an extension before the 90 days expires. Any extension will be at our discretion.